Grandstands or Arquibancadas
Grandstands or bleachers are the most reasonably priced sambodromo seats for the Rio deJaneiro Carnival. The elevated position gives you an excellent idea of samba schools as a group. Grandstands seats are not numbered seats EXCEPT for theTourist Sector 9, which is more expensive; offering numbered and assigned seats in the cement. There aren't actual chairs to sit on - the bleachers are bigconcrete steps.
Grandstands Sectors Special Grandstands Sectors: 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10 and 11. Recommended. Popular Grandstand Sectors: 1, 12 and 13. Not recommended for its location before the parade starts (sector 1) or at the very end of parade (Sectors 12 and 13).
- All special sectors – 2 to 11 – offer a great view of the parade, but there are some differences to be considered.
- Sector 9 is the tourist sector and the only sector with assigned grandstand seat space in the cement.
- The drummer's niches are located between sectors 9 and 11. Select these sectors if you love the sound of the drums.
- The lower the sambodromo section, the lesser time you will have without entertainment. When one schools is about to end the parade, the next is already warming up. Example: sectors 2 and 3 are entertained for more time than sectors 10 and 11.
- The higher the sambadrome section, the bigger is the view of the parade. Imagine you are on the Sector 11 you will see the entire parade formed from a distance – wings after wings. When you're at the Sector 3, where the parade starts, you will only see one Wing in front of you at a time.
- We can only conclude that no sector offers everything. They are all good and worth its value.
- Even-numbered sectors 02, 04, 06 and 08 are new grandstands sectors at the Rio de Janeiro Sambodromo.